This project is read-only.

Bootstrap 2 non-publishing site on SharePoint Foundation 2010

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:51 AM
I have a current SP2010 Responsive Publishing site hosted on SharePoint Server 2010 that I am trying to recreate as a SP2010 Responsive non-publishing site hosted on SharePoint Foundation 2010 (no publishing available)

I DL'd the Bootstrap 2 for SharePoint 2010 - Beta V 1.0.5 instructions and applied it to my recreated site. It didn't work with the included instructions/files so I had to make the alterations suggested by a comment on the download.

"... developers who are interested to make it work in SPF can just remove the following control from the master page: <SharePoint:ListSiteMapPath runat="server"/>. Dialog boxes works as normal... by kesav1985 on Jan 14, 2013 at 7:11 PM"

After taking this step the site showed up without an error using the bootstrap master page but I don't notice anything responsive about the site on a mobile viewer. It behaves exactly the same as the v4.master page included with the site.

If I shrink the size of the viewer on a desktop eventually the left navigation goes away and instead a big blank spot appears at the top of the page but I don't think this is what is intended?

The link below has a slide show with 4 images. The first two show our current responsive site before and after shrinking the width of a browser and the third and fourth images show the current bootstrap responsive site which does not seem responsive.

http://tinyurl.com/qzwo5xs

Suggestions on how to achieve our goal of a responsive SP Foundation site is appreciated!