Page Layouts not available in subsites

Mar 10, 2015 at 4:55 PM
So I've applied this solution to an existing site collection and it looks as though all features of the top level site/site collection are working fine. However when I go into the subsites I am able to use the bootstrap 3 master page, but the page layouts don't appear to be available. How do I make them available for subsites?
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2015 at 10:15 PM
Are the subsites also publishing sites or are they based on a site template such as a team site?

Second, check under site settings->Look and Feel->Page layouts and site templates. Make sure that all page layouts are available in sub webs or make sure that subwebs inherit from their parent.

Eric
Mar 11, 2015 at 5:48 PM
It is a team site, but with the publishing features turned on. Everything is working fine now. I checked what you advised me to and all is fine. The one thing I have done is accidentally delete my "Pages" app from my site contents so I have to manually type in the URL to get to my "Pages" library. Would love to get that back, but not a huge issue. Thanks again!
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2015 at 6:31 PM
Hi,

Removing the pages app, should also have removed the pages library, which would be a problem. But it sounds as though you are able to access the library via the URL?

In your subweb, are you adding new content pages to your "pages" library or to the "sitepages" library? If to the site pages library then you will not have access to page layouts, only to the wiki layout available in collaboration sites.

Eric
Mar 11, 2015 at 6:35 PM
Adding them to the pages library and not the site pages. I have access to all of the page layouts as well. I just don't see the app listed here. I deleted some unwanted and not used libraries and I think I got it by mistake since before bootstrap I was just using a custom master and site pages. So it's like I just lost the "shortcut" to the pages library from my "site contents" landing page.
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2015 at 8:00 PM
If the page layouts are listed as available in a particular sub web's site settings->Look and Feel->Page layouts and site templates setting page, yet they are not available for selection for a given content page then I am at a loss. I cannot offer a place to look, but it sounds as though the site collection got messed up somehow and may require a rebuild.

Eric