boostrap for SharePoint slow to load

Mar 5, 2015 at 3:29 PM
Hello,

I have installed configured and branded our instance of BootStrap3 for SharePoint on 2013. Everything looks great but it is very slow to load. Has anyone else experienced this and have any suggestions?

I am currently running my personal dev environment on a VM with i7 8 cores and 32 GB of memory.

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions.
Tim
Coordinator
Mar 9, 2015 at 10:27 PM
Hi,

When you say slow to load, have you tested in Fiddler or reviewed the net tab in firebug or your dev toolbar? In particular, what is taking long to load? Is it the initial page download or specific files? Or is there a long pause after all files are downloaded and the page actually appears?

If you find it is taking a long time for a response for the first request to your SP page, than likely you need to continue to throw more horsepower at SP, or you need to optimize your DB. If you find though it is taking a long time to download all subsequent files, i.e. images, css, js, etc, you may want to review file sizes. If there is a delay for the page to actually show up after files have been downloaded, then the issue must be the JS although I have not seen that before.

Eric