Third Navigation to the page

Oct 13, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Hi,

Is it possible to add a third navigation on the page?
I have a right hand site navigation as well as the top and the left. I managed to add it as a navigation on the smaller screens but I can't make it collapse. It stays expanded whatever I have tried.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Yes, you can add additional navigation menus to your site, most likely added to your Master Page.

Do you want SharePoint to drive this third navigation menu? If so you need to create another aspmenu control and map it another navigation provider. You will likely need to create a your own custom navigation provider in that case as SP only provides two. This would require a full trust solution, a developer and some good code.

If your third navigation menu is to be static, or driven by an external source, you will just need to add the HTML navigation elements from the framework. For Bootstrap, you will need to add your menu ul/li and either wrap this with a div that has a specific class or apply a custom class to the ul. For the mobile hamburger button, change the data-bind attribute to the your custom menu class name. This data-bind attribute is used by Bootstraps JS library to know what element in the dom should hide or appear.

Eric