How to get started?

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Hi there,

I'd like to know what I have to do to get this up and running. Is there any documentation somewhere?

Regards
M.
Aug 11, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Which wsp did u download? I'd be happy email you a copy.
Aug 12, 2014 at 7:46 AM
I've downloaded latest version from here and the WSP is not my issue - at least not getting it.
I'm trying to activate the solution but it keeps its inactive state. Is there anything I have to do before I'll get it activated? Where do I go from there?
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Hi,

When you activate the feature, it just returns and you are not provided any errors? Normally if an activation fails an error would be generated.

Eric
Aug 14, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Edited Aug 14, 2014 at 6:21 PM
NEVERMIND**** Solution sandbox was not running in this environment.... PowerShell gave a useful Error GUI does not

I have the same issue as Melampus, uploaded the solution to the gallery, and it will not activate. Was about to go the powershell route but was curious if there is something else up first..

Thanks
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Ah, good find. Design packages and wsp solutions uploaded via the "Solutions" page found on SIte Settings does require that the sandbox be configured correctly. SP will let you upload a solution just fine, but without the proper services enabled in central admin and on the server, "Activate" will always be greyed out.

Eric