MasterPage Bug!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:42 PM
ive been able to apply the techniques but still there is an issue. and also the menus are not dropping down when clicked. how do i fix this? i double-checked the css links and it seems fine, the color is working but now the dropdown when on a smaller window is now not working :( please help.
<!--MS:<SharePoint:CssRegistration Name="&lt;% $SPUrl:~sitecollection/Style Library/ResponsiveServer/Bootstrap3/css/bootstrap2-custom.css %&gt;" runat="server">-->
    <!--ME:</SharePoint:CssRegistration>-->
     <!--MS:<SharePoint:CssRegistration Name="&lt;% $SPUrl:~sitecollection/Style Library/ResponsiveServer/Bootstrap3/css/bootstrap2-custom.min.css %&gt;" runat="server">-->
    <!--MS:<SharePoint:CssRegistration Name="&lt;% $SPUrl:~sitecollection/Style Library/ResponsiveServer/Bootstrap3/css/bootstrap3.min.css %&gt;" runat="server">-->
    <!--MS:<SharePoint:CssRegistration Name="&lt;% $SPUrl:~sitecollection/Style Library/ResponsiveServer/Bootstrap3/css/bootstrap3-custom.css %&gt;" runat="server">-->
    <!--MS:<SharePoint:CssRegistration Name="&lt;% $SPUrl:~sitecollection/Style Library/ResponsiveServer/Bootstrap3/css/bootstrap3-custom.min.css %&gt;" runat="server">-->
    <!--MS:<SharePoint:CssRegistration Name="&lt;% $SPUrl:~sitecollection/Style Library/ResponsiveServer/Bootstrap3/css/responsive_columns.css %&gt;" runat="server">-->
    <!--MS:<SharePoint:CssRegistration Name="&lt;% $SPUrl:~sitecollection/Style Library/ResponsiveServer/Bootstrap3/css/sp-responsive.css %&gt;" runat="server">-->
Coordinator
Aug 6, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Why are you linking to both the Bootstrap 2 and Bootstrap 3 files? Also, why are you linking to both the -custom and -custom.min files? This should be limited to just one or two of the css files above.

Regarding why the dropdowns are not working, we would need a lot more code, most likely a demo site that we could view. There are many reasons why the dropdowns may not work from CSS, JS to SP itself.

I would start with inspector to figure out if the dropdown menus are even in the HTML. Then look to see why on mouseove if the hover class is added to the parent menu item. If no hover class or selected class is being added then I would look for any js errors.

If all else fails, start over with either seattle.master to see how the dropdown is supposed to work. Then move on to an OOTB project master page and see what happens. Assuming these both work then then issue is with your customizations.

I hope this helps.

Eric
Aug 6, 2014 at 9:08 PM
thanks i was able to fix the dropdown menu. i had to use the sharepoint:scriptlink syntax on the html page. and it worked :) reduced the css as they were clashing it seems.