This project is read-only.

Bootstrap 3 masterpage and the html layout.

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Edited Jul 29, 2014 at 6:43 PM
I'm trying to make a HTML layout master page from the bootstrap-3-server.master form the Riolinx WSP.
So far i'm getting the preview message:
________Your master page doesn't have any warnings or errors. Reset the preview to its original state.
You're currently previewing your master page without any content. You can change the page you're previewing from the menu above.__
But on the Page screen below it, this error appears,______

____Sorry, something went wrong
Unknown server tag 'wssuc:Welcome'.
Technical Details

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: 6954a99c-e072-1000-75c7-079861c07bbe

Date and Time: 7/29/2014 10:10:08 AM

THIS IS HOW IT LOOKS LIKE ON THE BOOTSTRAP MASTERPAGE
<div id="welcomeMenuBox"> <wssuc:welcome id="IdWelcome" runat="server" enableviewstate="false"/> </div> Ive spent quite alot of time on this and i believe it's possible to make this page. Anyone with an idea?
Jul 29, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Edited Jul 29, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Hi,

The error, "Unknown server tag: ..." normally refers to a %@Resgister...% tag being malformatted or missing.

At the top of the master page, check to see if you can find:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="SharePoint" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="WebPartPages" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="wssuc" TagName="Welcome" Src="~/_controltemplates/15/Welcome.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="SearchWC" Namespace="Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls" Assembly="Microsoft.Office.Server.Search, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>
Notice the line:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="wssuc" TagName="Welcome" Src="~/_controltemplates/15/Welcome.ascx" %>
The TagPrefix wssuc must be the same as what is used in the actual tag, i.e.
<wssuc:welcome id="IdWelcome" runat="server" enableviewstate="false"/>
I checked the source and this tag should be correct, I am assuming this somehow got changed in your Master Page.

Eric
Jul 30, 2014 at 4:24 AM
thanks alot i was able to fix that. i was wondering? when it comes to the commented asp and xml stuff. are they important or can sharepoint just read the html file and use it without them? because it seems the comments themselves are being somehow read by sharepoint. or it does not matter?
Jul 30, 2014 at 7:41 AM
I believe you are referring to the HTML Master Pages and HTML Page Layouts? these are the files ending in .html found in the Master Page Gallery.

If that is the case then you will want to leave all of the comments and XML alone. SharePoint is managing much of this for you. The only comments I would say are ok to remove are <!--CS:-->, <!--CE--> and <!--PS-->, <!--PE--> blocks. That being comment start/end and Preview start/end. These are not actually needed. The rest, including the XML, should be left alone as SharePoint uses this to help store some metadata.

If you are using HTML Master Pages and HTML Page Layouts, then you do not want to touch the corresponding .master and .aspx files. In fact SP will not allow you to save to these files because SP is managing them for you based on your HTML files. You can break this association if you want by editing the properties of a given .html file, just be aware that any changes then made to the .html will not be reflected in its previously associated file. Further, if you then reassociate the file, any changes you made the .master or .aspx will be overwritten.

Eric