This project is read-only.

Webparts Drag and Drop Not Working

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:43 AM
First of all, this project rocks! I was able to implement an awesome layout to my team site. One issue I'm facing is with SharePoint webparts drag and drop native feature that is not working. I have tested in different browsers and still no luck, any guess on where to check? Are you guys able to successfully use this feature?

Tks,
Daniel
Apr 15, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Are you working with 2010 or 2013? With 2010, yeah, that happens. with 2013, I have seen this before and it is a pain to solve. The JS included OOTB to enable drag and drop is flaky at best. I have seen the drag and drop not work well on the seattle MP as well.

I normally tell people to reorder webparts as well as move them to different zones by editing the webpart and making these changes in the web part tool pane under "Layout". I know this is a shim, but it always works.

Eric
May 19, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Edited May 19, 2014 at 7:42 PM
I'm seeing this same behavior using SP 2013 on premise with v3 of the Responsive framework. If I revert the master page back to seattle I'm able to drag and drop again. Anything new we might try to get this working again?

Quick update: I had an older responsive branding project where drag and drop was working so I did a quick compare and saw that in the newer one I had set IE=Edge. The older version had IE=10. So I changed this in the one that wasn't working and now drag and drop is working again.