Reusable Content

Jan 28, 2014 at 6:23 PM
Hi,

is it still possible to use the reusable content in a bootstrap webpart page? When I try to insert it in a HTML editor, the button is disabled. Is there a solution?

Thanks a lot!
Coordinator
Jan 28, 2014 at 9:05 PM
In general, yes, you should be able to use content in a Bootstrap webpart page.

But I am not completely sure what you are trying to do. If you are creating a custom page layout, then you may want to consider your IA and use content types and columns instead of webpart zones if those zones will only hold CEWP's. Also remember that web part zones can allow most any web part, and many web parts are not responsive friendly.

Now when you say the button is disabled, which button?

Eric
Jan 28, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Hi Eric,

thank you for your fast response. I think my description of what I want to do isn't accurate enough. I try to tell it again.

I just want to use an existing layout (I think it is orbit) and now I want to put in some content. SP offers a feature called "reusable content", it's just a SP list with content, which could be added in several pages.

Without the bootstrap template I could click therefor the button "insert" and then there is a button called "reusable content".

Now, with the bootstrap template, first I have to insert a "html content editor" into a web part zone. Then I focus this content editor, and click again the button "insert". And now the button "reusable content" is disabled.

I hope it has become a bit clearer.
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Ah, gotcha.

Hm, I am not sure why this is greyed out, it should work.

You could also use simple text files for reusable content and then point your CEWP's to these different text/html files. At least until a full solution is found.

Eric