This project is read-only.

Zurb Foundation v5 update?

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Hello,

Thanks for this very useful project. I'm starting a new SharePoint 2013 project and wanted to integrate Zurb Foundation v5 when I found this project.

Are you planning to upgrade from Foundation v4 to v5? If yes, when is it planned?

What's the best choice between bootstrap and foundation for SharePoint 2013? (with Foundation v4, what I don't like is the zepto.js library that is included... and was removed from v5)

Thanks for your help.
Kind regards,
Bastien
Nov 26, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Hi Bastien,

Yes, Foundation 5 is now on our radar, but no timeline for an update. In general this update should be very straightforward as F5 uses the same class structure and is still mobile first. I suggest downloading the F4 package for 2013, then replacing the primary F4 stylesheet with the F5 one. You can also replace the Foundation script references as well. If you are able to do this, please let us know how it goes, if you ran into any particular pain points, etc. I am sure others would like to know your experiences.

As for which is better, foundation or bootstrap, I can't answer that. Each framework has its own extras that can make one more useful than the other, depending on your requirements. Both frameworks are now mobile first and have very similar grids. They also offer easy methods to customize your framework installation and provide the SASS source.

The bootstrap community is much larger than that for Foundation, but those that use Foundation do like the framework. Although we personally use Bootstrap over Foundation for most of our client projects, this is primarily because that was our first framework and the one we have more experience with.

I hope this helps.

Eric
Jan 7, 2014 at 3:54 AM
Edited Jan 7, 2014 at 3:55 AM
Hey,

Did you try replacing F4 stylesheets with F5? Were there any issues / workarounds required?

Thanks,

Aarron