This project is read-only.

Encountering an error when deploying to non "/" site collection

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:34 AM
I have created a site collection responsive for my dev web app.
When following the instructions to integrate B2 with sp2010 in that site collection, I get the following ULS Error that i am a bit stuck on. Did anyone solve this issue already?

Here is the content of the ULS entry that blows up the page:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The file /responsive/ does not exist. at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPRequestModuleData.GetWebPartPageData(HttpContext context, String path, Boolean throwIfFileNotFound) at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPVirtualFile.CalculateFileDependencies(HttpContext context, SPRequestModuleData basicRequestData, ICollection& directDependencies, ICollection& childDependencies) at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPDatabaseFile.EnsureDependencies(HttpContext context, SPRequestModuleData requestData) at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPDatabaseFile.EnsureCacheKeyAndViewStateHash(HttpContext context, SPRequestModuleData requestData) at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPDatabaseFile.GetVirtualPathProviderCacheKey(HttpContext context, SPRequestModuleData requestData) at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPVirtualPathProvider.GetCacheKey(String virtualPath) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.CmsVirtualPathProvider.GetCacheKey(String virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetCacheKeyFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean& keyFromVPP) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) at System.Web.HttpApplication.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
Nov 13, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Hi,

It sounds as though you did not provide a complete filename for a particular css or js link. It is looking for a file /responsive/ when it probably should be something like /sites/responsive/_catalogs/masterpage/bootstrap2/... or possibly /responsive/_catalogs/... if you set up path based site collections to not need /sites/

Possibly you named the root site "responsive", but the site collection is a url based site collection?

Eric
Nov 13, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Edited Nov 13, 2013 at 6:38 AM
The issue was with the boostrap.master ScritptLink controls were not behaving correctly as i pulled the master page file from the source.
I tried to switch to using the $SPURL but was getting a wierd caching problem instead. I reverted to using the html script elment for now. I'll be investigating in a few days to see if i can come up with a porper solution. I'll notify this thread.
Nov 13, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Roman,

The following type tag is not working for you:

<SharePoint:ScriptLink language="javascript" name="~SiteCollection/Style Library/bootstrap2/scripts/jquery-1.8.3.min.js" runat="server"/>

Are you on Foundation?

If you do not have server license or above, i.e. SharePoint Foundation, you will need to use a script tag such as

<script src="/Style%20Library/bootstrap/scripts/jquery-1.8.3.min.js"></script>

There is nothing inheritaly wrong with using the script tag, the ScriptLink tag is nice because we can use ~SiteCollection to easily share a master page, and because of potential custom web parts that also include scripts.

Eric
Nov 15, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Eric,
I am using SharePoint 2010 Server and not foundation. Weirdly enough, when I went back to using
<SharePoint:ScriptLink language="javascript" name="~SiteCollection/Style Library/bootstrap2/scripts/jquery-1.8.3.min.js" runat="server"/> again, it is working just fine.
I am still scratching my head on this one.

Thanks,

Roma
Marked as answer by rroman81 on 11/14/2013 at 11:47 PM