Add an app bug

Jul 31, 2013 at 4:31 PM
We have discovered that when clicking the "Add an app" button we are getting the "loading" animation icon on the page and nothing is happening. When we remove the branding it loads just fine...has anyone experienced this?
Coordinator
Jul 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Hi,

Yeah, this is a well documented bug now, but we haven't fixed it in this project yet. It is on the list.

Anyhow, the general fix can be found here courtesy of Randy Drisgill.

http://blog.drisgill.com/2012/12/design-manager-bug-sharepoint-2013-rtm.html

Eric
Aug 1, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Edited Aug 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM
thanks for the feedback Eric... sites looks to be down right down but hopefully a temporary thing.
Aug 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM
ok i found the code and each time i try it its breaking my page...has anyone implemented this?

S
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Hey,

We are working on a new version that includes Bootstrap 3 and SP 2013 with the above fixes. I am also working to get Bootstrap 2 for SharePoint 2013 updated with the code for you this weekend.

It has worked very well on other projects I have worked on. Are you getting a specific error or does the add an app just not work?

Eric
Aug 5, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I just get the app loading animation and nothing else...kinda hangs at this page. With default branding it works no problem...is it CSS or JS thats causing the issue?

S
Coordinator
Aug 6, 2013 at 1:42 AM
The issue appears to be a JS problem. There are certain ID's / Containers that SP is requiring for the Apps page to function properly. Randy's findings has worked in the past for other projects. I had hoped to have Bootstrap 3 ready by now but unfortunately I got back logged with a few upcoming conferences.