This project is read-only.

Search Box drop down options not displaying on certain pages?

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Hey all,

I have a weird situation where the default searchbox is not giving me the drop down search options on my home page but is on other pages? is this a limitation of responsive sharepoint or a configuration thing within the search.

TIA
Jul 12, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Hi Stregothedump,

It sounds like a page layout issue to me or possibly a search setting, but I know of no specific issue with the frameworks themselves that would cause search scopes to not appear on the homepage.

I suggest looking at the page layout first and see if there is a ContentPlaceHolder that is changing the search box.

Next, open up Firebug or the IE Dev Toolbar and see if the scopes is available in the HTML, CSS is just hiding it. That is possible although I don't think that should be the case.

Please let us know if you find anything.

Eric
Jul 12, 2013 at 7:45 PM
This is happening because the ajaxcontroltoolkit is not being referenced on the master page. Try putting this on the master:
<script type="text/javascript">
          SP.SOD.executeOrDelayUntilScriptLoaded(function () {
         SP.SOD.executeOrDelayUntilScriptLoaded(function () {
RegisterSod("ajaxtoolkit.js",  SP.Utilities.Utility.getLayoutsPageUrl('ajaxtoolkit.js'));
}, 'strings.js');
}, 'sp.js');

</script>
Jul 15, 2013 at 3:15 PM
I'm using the same master page for all site sections yes it works on some sections and not others. I have checked the CSS and the DIV for the scopes is there but no scopes.

I think i've narrowed it down to a page layout issue or a search settings issue. Will report back once fully investigated.

Thanks for all the input.
Jul 15, 2013 at 3:37 PM
My Apologies Tdwhite...you were correct...once I added your script to my page everything worked!

I'd like to know why some of my pages were working and other not?

Many thanks for your input.

Stephen
Jul 15, 2013 at 3:44 PM
I think some other pages load that toolkit a different way, or maybe certain webparts use it. So sometimes it gets loaded and sometimes it doesn't. Glad I could help. I had to fix this issue on my own project about an hour before your first post.
Jul 15, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Tdwhite,

Thanks for providing the fix, I will see that this is added into the next release.

Eric
Aug 6, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Hey all I've just noticed that whilst this has fixed things on my home page it hasn't sorted things on any Site Pages, i.e pages that are in the SitePage folder...I can see that the code is there but it doesnt work on these pages?

S
Aug 8, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Hey All,

If you are using Design Manager and you have to work with the bootstrap.html file instead of the bootstrap.master file then use the below code:
<!--MS:<SharePoint:ScriptLink language="javascript" name="ajaxtoolkit.js" OnDemand="true" runat="server" Localizable="false">-->
<!--ME:</SharePoint:ScriptLink>-->
Cheers,
Paul