Some errors

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:28 PM
First of all thank you for your project.

I installed the non-publishing framework and found teh following issues.
1- When I try to give access to a user I get the follwoing error:
An unexpected error has occurred.
Looking at the correlation ID for the above error message got me the following message. Basically I cannot add other users to this site.

System.InvalidOperationException: Namespace prefix 'xsd' is not defined.
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ToXmlQualifiedName(String value, Boolean decodeName)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderDictionaryEntryArray.Read1_Object(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderDictionaryEntryArray.Read2_DictionaryEntry(Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderDictionaryEntryArray.Read3_ArrayOfDictionaryEntry()

2- Most of my ribbons became invisible. These includes the "Navigate Up" icon as well as others.

Is there anything I missed here?
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Hi,

It sounds as though you are using the Bootstrap version for SharePoint 2010. The namespace prefix xsd error is often found when running in IE9 mode instead of IE8 in SP 2010. You can learn more here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-IE/sharepointadminprevious/thread/0994b873-94a1-4fec-bf51-38fcfda4eb3a.

If you change to IE8 mode you will fix the problem but now media queries (and css3) will not work in IE8 or IE9. Not ideal, but it is yet another of SP2010's known issues.

As for the ribbon image issues, that sounds as though the custom stylesheet provided in the project is not being referenced correctly. Bootstrap, as with most responsive frameworks, reset images to max-width: 100%, width: auto. The ribbon images do not like this so we reset images back to normal behavior, then re-enable flexible media within Bootstraps spans. Besides the stylesheet issue, I am not sure what else would be breaking the ribbon images.

Please let us know if this helps solve your issues.

Eric
Sep 20, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Coordinator
Sep 24, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Hi,

Excellent find! That is a really nice fix for the people picker, which is one of the main roadblocks to SP 2010 and HTML5/CSS3.

Thanks for sharing that.

Eric
Nov 22, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Edited Nov 22, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Eric and Foilage,

It may be a bit late but Matt's solution from this page, http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/27251/hotfix-for-problem-with-sharepoint-peopleeditor-in-ie-9, has indeed helped me to resolve my issues.

Thank you
Marked as answer by starkey on 11/22/2013 at 10:59 AM