Will the 2013 web-front end Framework work for on-premise and Office 365 SharePoint?

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I am wondering if your beta i.e. 2013 version will work both for on-premise and Office 365 SharePoint?

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Hi,

On-prem, aboslutely should work fine. If you find any problems, errors or issues, please do not hesitate letting us know. As for SharePoint Online, we have not tested this yet, but in general it should. I will work with the other team members as see if we can get this tested on the SharePoint Online 2013 Preview. If we find any issues, we will post an updated version of BootStrap for SharePoint 2013.

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Edited Feb 13, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Just tested this nugget on my O365 Preview Tenant. Sweet as! Worked perfectly, no glitches. Just responsive.
It is a shame though that it does not include Text Layout Templates and only Page Layout Templates. This means that the Wiki Pages in 2013, which are horribly popular, especially as they allow for mini-page-layouts are not responsive. I.e. they don't flow nicely when the screen is shunk.

But don't get me wrong. this is Great Work!!!!!

Alex
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Hi Alex,

I will add looking into Text Layout Templates to our list. This may not work exactly how we would like because of the limitations of Text Layout Templates, but let's see what we can do. If you end up finding a solution please let us know so that we can add it to the project. I am sure many others would appreciate the help.