A big thanks to RioLinx
and Ugo Brunet for their contributions of this WSP package. Responsive SharePoint 2013 WSP Edition
aims at incrementally improving the packaging of the Bootstrap for SharePoint 2013
and Zurb Foundation for SharePoint 2013
releases in a way that a) removes the dependency on SharePoint's Design Manager
and b) makes them usable in a SharePoint Foundation environment
This release actually consists of 2 WSP solutions targeted at SharePoint Foundation 2013
and SharePoint Server 2013/Office 365
1. *Responsive for SharePoint Foundation is a farm solution that must be deployed by a SharePoint administrator in a SharePoint Foundation (or Server) 2013 farm.
2. Responsive for SharePoint Server 2013/Office 365 is a sandboxed solution that can be deployed by any site collection administrator of a SharePoint Server 2013 or Office 365 site collection.
Additionally, we migrated an existing, lightweight Publishing Infrastructure for SharePoint Foundation 2010 to 2013 (available at http://spf2013publishing.codeplex.com
) and built Bootstrap 3 and Zurb Foundation 4 page layouts that can be modified or enhanced directly from SharePoint Designer, without any need to rebuild and redeploy any WSP solution. This makes it the perfect solution for non-developer, power users who want to leverage their SharePoint Foundation investments.
Below is a list of additional improvements we also implemented in these solutions:
- Made all master page compliant with the Minimal Download Strategy feature
- Added the left navigation bar as a dropdown menu in mobile views (see below the “Top Menu” and “Left Menu” mobile dropdowns)
- Added 3-level sub-sites in navigation bar (in Bootstrap 3 only)
- Added OpenGraph support (only in the page layouts compatible with the SharePoint Foundation Publishing Infrastructure )
- Removed the search control when viewed on small screens
- Removed the right suite bar controls (Share, Sync, Edit, etc…) when viewed on mobile screens
- Removed the rather long Office 365 suite bar links when viewed on mobile screens
- Reduced the site logo image size when viewed on mobile screens
v1.0.1 - updated RioLinx.SharePoint.Responsive.Server.wsp to be SPO ready by removing the unnecessary assembly (dll).