This project is read-only.

Left Navigation Collapsible not working in search center site collection

Nov 18, 2014 at 6:53 PM
We've applied the server masterpage to our search site collection. When it loads, it makes an ajax call to populate the left hand nav. This is delivered SharePoint behavior. This seems to conflict with the collapsiblility of the Left Navigation because initially there is no content in the left nav to start with.

I'm not sure the best solution to make this collapsible again in this case. Any thoughts?
Nov 20, 2014 at 12:04 AM
You could use a combination of jQuery and CSS to always hide the left nav. Then using jQuery, add a button or the like (styled with css) and bind a click event. That could be used to show and hide the refiners.

Or do you always want to hide the left refiners? If so you can use CSS to always make sure that is hidden.
Nov 26, 2014 at 12:44 AM
I have found that the context/refinement menus that appear in the left navigation will always stay visible in mobile view.

For example: calendar refinement panel, project/tasks, search refinement

I decided that as they are not a true menu IMO, but refinements you still want to use as viewing content - I educated the client instead to accept them as visible.

The left navigation outside of refinements still collapses fine for all other "site menus".

Sometimes working with the limitations is better than continually customising exceptions.