Version without custom styling/branding

Sep 4, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Hi there,

I've just started using this solution but the first thing I've noticed is there there are a lot of custom styles in the CSS files that do not appear to relate to responsive design.

For example a disabled input has its background color and border overwritten to black for no apparent reason (search for input[type="button"][disabled] in bootstrap3-custom.css).

Is there a version available that doesn't change the colours too much (or ideally at all)? I saw a thread on here stating that all CSS files must be used, which is fine, but I really want to keep with the stock SP styles and then apply my tweaks to that.

Everywhere I turn I seem to be "fighting" the responsive css as its adding padding, margin, colours etc and this is just the desktop view, I haven't even gotten to mobile yet.

Many thanks if you can shed any light on the situation.

KEegan
Oct 6, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Anyone?
Coordinator
Oct 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Unfortunately at this time we do not have a truly unbranded version, we tried to stick with the branding of the OOTB Bootstrap framework. I believe much of the padding you are fighting against is either directly from Bootstrap, or we had to introduce that to get design to look at least reasonable in SharePoint.

Eric
Oct 6, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Hi Eric

Thanks for the reply. Its not to do with padding but mainly colours and things that are overwriting sharepoint styles.

E.g. this is an actual style in the file: input[type="button"][disabled] { background: black; }

I need to alter the core bootstrap files to remove this style, effectively ruining the upgrade path of the solution.

Thanks,
Keegan