This project is read-only.

Some issues on Sharepoint Foundation 2013

Jun 1, 2014 at 4:45 PM
I try to install .WSP to Sharepoint Foundation 2013. Isn't successful yet. But some issues in installation process I can point just now.

1) Please include pre-requisite "Sharepoint Administration Service must be started". It isn't started by default, so I had PowerShell error.

2) Seems like we can't use spaces in path to installation folder. In my case I had path like: C:\download\SharePoint Responsive\WSP\ResponsiveFoundation
The installation BAT simply doesn't work until I delete space from folder name: "SharePoint Responsive". Please correct or insert special note to manual.

Now I try to catch next mistake.
Black screen of PowerShell ends by words: "The solution has been deployed". But no any new items appeared in control panels. In Central Administration I see installed solution. But in properties "Deployed To: None". I suppose DeploymentScript.ps1 isn't run.

Please excuse if these notes too simple for professionals. I'm beginner.
Jun 1, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Edited Jun 1, 2014 at 6:26 PM
I haven't found any issues. I was wrong - DeploymentScript.ps1 runned ok. But it's logic too hard for me. One strange thing: Parameter $argumentslist (please see row 69 in DeployResponsiveFoundation.ps1 ). It has my Central Administration url as webApp parameter. So inside DeploymentScript.ps1 $webAppUrl - this is my Central Administration site. Is it normal?

Please advice.

PS: I have one SharePoint Foundation 2013 language pack installed. One site collection based on this language. All other is English. Is problem there?
Jun 2, 2014 at 5:56 AM
Can I done this step manually? Please help.
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2014 at 8:48 PM
The solution can be added and installed and the feature activated all manually. The PS script is simply trying to help automate this.

You can always add the solution manually in powershell using add-spsolution. Surround your path/filename with "" and you should be able to use quotes.

You can then install the solutions using install-spsolution (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607534%28v=office.15%29.aspx)

Or once you "Add" the solution, you can "install" it in central admin.

Finally you will need to activate the branding feature in your site collection under site collection features.

Eric