Webparts Drag and Drop Not Working

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:43 AM
First of all, this project rocks! I was able to implement an awesome layout to my team site. One issue I'm facing is with SharePoint webparts drag and drop native feature that is not working. I have tested in different browsers and still no luck, any guess on where to check? Are you guys able to successfully use this feature?

Tks,
Daniel
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Are you working with 2010 or 2013? With 2010, yeah, that happens. with 2013, I have seen this before and it is a pain to solve. The JS included OOTB to enable drag and drop is flaky at best. I have seen the drag and drop not work well on the seattle MP as well.

I normally tell people to reorder webparts as well as move them to different zones by editing the webpart and making these changes in the web part tool pane under "Layout". I know this is a shim, but it always works.

Eric
May 19, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Edited May 19, 2014 at 7:42 PM
I'm seeing this same behavior using SP 2013 on premise with v3 of the Responsive framework. If I revert the master page back to seattle I'm able to drag and drop again. Anything new we might try to get this working again?

Quick update: I had an older responsive branding project where drag and drop was working so I did a quick compare and saw that in the newer one I had set IE=Edge. The older version had IE=10. So I changed this in the one that wasn't working and now drag and drop is working again.