This project is read-only.

Global Navigation hover bug

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I've just noticed that on my main top nav global navigation my drop down doesn't appear when the parent link is in active mode? has anyone experienced that?

so I have goto a site section or page for the first time

https://mysite.sharepoint.com/mypage

The top level menu item is showing as ative/current and if i mouse over the button I DONT get the drop menu...if i then mouse away then mouse over again it works...

Would this be a JS issue?

S
Jul 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Hi,

That sounds like a JS bug for sure, in particular how we are overriding the top navigation OOTB SP navigation JS to allow for touch.

Do you know what version of this project you have been using? Also, do you see this behavior in all browsers?

Eric
Jul 29, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Thanks for the reply...I'm getting the bug (I say bug but it may be down to some of my CSS changes) in Chrome, IE and FF. Is there easy way to determine which version I am using?

S
Oct 21, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Eric,

I know you get this all the time as I see it in nearly every post to this forum but here's my version of it: thanks so much for putting the time and effort into this project, your work allows the rest of us to stand on your shoulders and move our projects that much further along.

Having said that, I also understand that this post is from earlier this summer but since there's no resolution posted to this I'd like to see if at this point there's a suggested fix. I'm experiencing the same issue. Sub nav we build in the OOTB system shows the icon indicating a dropdown menu but when my users mouseover it doesn't .... drop down.

Again, this thing is freakin' awesome and a huge leap forward. Let me know whether there are any suggestions to fix this as our plan is to deploy this kind of thing in our enterprise and dropdowns are a must. Thanks again.
Oct 30, 2013 at 5:49 AM
Hi All,

We do not have a full fix ready, but I want to rewrite the top nav structure. I have been playing with new ideas but none of them are ready and we all here have been swamped with work. I apologize for the delay, but I am keeping this issue open and will try to get a fix to this any many other issues out as quickly as I can.

I am glad to hear the project has helped somewhat at least.

Eric